Hollywood’s famous actor Leonardo DiCaprio is known for the Titanic. Joe is an American actor and producer. He has been awarded the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his performance in Aviator (2004) and has been nominated for it eight other times. Apart from this, he has received nominations for Academy Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards and British Academy Film Awards.
He made his television debut before moving into the film, receiving an Oscar nomination for his role in Gilbert Grape’s What Trouble Is (1993). In 1997, DiCaprio starred in James Cameron’s epic drama Titanic, which made him a star.
The actor has also worked with eminent director Martin Scorssey for several projects: Airplane Driver (2004) and Swarwasi (2006). His recent films include Start (2010), Bandhan Mukt Jango (2012), Wall Street’s Wolves (2013) and Bhoot (2015), winning his first Oscar for the latter.
Leonardo DiCaprio’s Early Life
Born on November 11, 1974 in Los Angeles, California, Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio is the only child of Irmelin and George DiCaprio. When he was still a child, his parents divorced. Despite his parents’ initial divorce, DiCaprio remained close to his father, a comic book artist and distributor.
Read More History — : History of Ingrid Bergman
With his parents’ insistence, DiCaprio discovered his creative side, which led to an early interest in acting. DiCaprio said, I loved copying people… I loved joking with my parents and making different characters. I loved doing my little housework. Backstory But he did not have much success in Hollywood until he reached his early teens.
Leonardo DiCaprio’s personal life and girlfriend
During his career, DiCaprio found himself in the media headlines for his personal life. His on-off, yet again, relationship with supermodel Gisele Bundchen was fodder for celebrity magazines and websites from 2000 to 2005. DiCaprio dated model Bar Refaeli for several years. In 2011, he briefly joined actress Blake Lively. Since then, he has reportedly dated various models.
Some interesting things related to Leo DiCaprio
- He was born in California, but his roots are much more complex. His mother, Irmelin Indenberken, was born in Germany, and his father, George, was half Italian and half German. One of his grandmothers (Mum Mere) – Helen Indenberken (Helen Indenberken) – Russian, she was born in Russia under the name Elena Smirnova and later moved to Germany, where she was 93 years old.
- In addition to his career in Hollywood, DiCaprio is a strong defense lawyer. Environmental and philanthropic. He donated $ 3 million in 2013 to help protect the Nepali tigers, and in 2014 spent another 3 million to help save the ocean. In 2010, after the earthquake in Haiti, DiCaprio donated $ 1 million to restore the damage.
- He was named after Leonardo da Vinci. A famous Italian artist, scientist, inventor, writer and musician.
- When DiCaprio began his acting career, his agent advised him to change his name to the more American Lenny Williams. Apparently, he did not accept such a proposal.
- Leonardo DiCaprio has an adopted daughter. During the filming of The Blood Diamond, she worked with 24 orphans from Mozambique’s SOS Children’s Village.
- In 2009, Leo and Kate Winslet helped the last living person at the Titanic in a nursing home. They did not want this man to sell his memoirs for money.
- DiCaprio does not spend a lot of money on various cars. He drives only the Toyota Prius. Furthermore, instead of private jets, it often saves significant resources not only for flying commercial flights, but also to protect the environment from harmful emissions.
- After shooting the film Road to Change (2008), Leo bought his friend Kate Winslet an engraved gold ring. In 2006, Leo encountered a dangerous shark. Fortunately, he managed to maintain the required distance in the cell he was in, and he left without a scratch.
- During skydiving, Leo almost died. His main parachute was unopened and cables were entangled in the reserve parachute, but fortunately there was an instructor who rescued him.
- In 1998, People magazine included her in the list of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
- Favorite actress is Leonadro DiCaprio Meryl Streep.
- DiCaprio is a dedicated liberal democracy. He not only helped financially, but was personally involved in the election campaigns of Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry and Barack Obama.