Saurabh Shukla was born on 5 March 1963 in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh. Saurabh is an Indian film, theater, television actor, director and script writer. He went on to win over one of the hit films such as Satya, Yuva, Barfi, Jolly LLB, Kick, PK, and Jolly LLB 2, to impress viewers with his best performances. He won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film Jolly LLB.
Saurabh Shukla is an Indian film actor, as well as a theater artist, television actor, director and screenwriter. He is known for his acting in films like Satya, Barfi, Jolly LLB, Kick and PK. Let me tell you that they like to do black comedy more.
In 2014, he has been awarded the National Film Award for his supporting actor role in the film Jolly LLB.
- Full Name Born – Saurabh Shukla Saurabh Shukla, Gorakhpur
- Profession Occupation – Film actor, theater artist, director, screenwriter Film actor, theater artist, director, screenwriter
- Education Alma mater – Khalsa College, Khalsa College, Delhi University
- Born – 5 March 1963
- Age (as of 2018) – 55 years
Role of Saurabh Shukla
Saurabh Shukla was born in Gorakhpur. Please tell that when Saurabh was two years old, his family had moved to Delhi.
Saurabh Shukla’s education
After Saurabh Shukla completed his schooling, he joined Khalsa College, Delhi for graduation. His professional career began in 1984 when he joined the theater.
Theater gets recognition for Saurabh Shukla
He started theater in 1986 and acted in plays such as A View from the Bridge (Arthur Miller), Look Back in Anger (John Asbourne), Ghashiram Kotwal (Vijay Tendulkar). In 1991, he joined the National School of Drama as an actor. The next year, he got a big break when Rajat Kapoor was impressed by his acting and offered a role in his film Bandit Queen. Saurabh played a character named Gopi as a co-actor alongside Vijay Anand in Doordarshan’s crime drama investigation in 1994.
Read More — : History of Shashi Kapoor
Saurabh got a big break when he co-wrote with Ram Gopal Varma in the film Satya’s story and played the character of Gangster Kallu Mama in the film. For this film, he received the best screenplay award for Best Screenplay with Anurag Kashyap.
Famous films as an actor
Badint Queen, Satya, Taal, Badshah, Hey Ram, Mohabbatein, Nayak: The Real Hero, Yeh Tera Ghar Yeh Mera Ghar, Yeh Dil, Calcutta Mail, Thousands of Khwhees Aisi, Yuva, Mumbai Express, Lage Raho, Munnabhai, Slumdog Millionaire, O My God, Pathshala, Yeh Saali Zindagi, Barfi, Jolly LLB, Gunday, Main Tera Hero, Kick, PK.
Interesting things related to Saurabh Shukla
- He was born in a family of musicians in Gorakhpur district of Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Her father is a singer, while her mother is India’s first female tablacist.
- When he was two years old, his family shifted from Gorakhpur to Delhi.
- During childhood, his parents and his elder brother were allowed to watch at least four films a week.
- When he was in the 6th grade, Saurabh wanted to become a film producer.
- From 1984 to 1993, he worked in cinemas in Delhi and while he had no desire to work in cinema.
- He was first featured in Shekhar Kapur’s film, when he was making Bandit Queen in the year 1994.
- Seema Vishwas, a popular actress in the film Bandit Queen, was a classmate of Saurabh Shukla at the National School of Drama (NSD) in Delhi.
- When Shekhar Kapoor approached her for her role in Bandit Queen, Saurabh Shukla was shooting for the TV show Tehkikat (a criminal program aired on Doordarshan) in which he played the role of Gopi.
- He played Constable Srinivas in the Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning Hollywood film Slumdog Millionaire.
- He was awarded the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor in the year 2014 for his outstanding role in the film Jolly LLB.