Bollywood’s well-known actress Kajol Devgan Mukherjee is an actress in Hindi cinema. Kajol is one of the finest actresses of the 90s. She is known as Kajol in the film world. He has acted in many of Bollywood’s best films. Kajol has won six Filmfare Awards in her film journey so far.
- Full Name Born – Kajol Mukherjee Devgan Kajol Mukherjee Devgan
- Nickname Surname – Kadas Kadas
- Nationality Nationality – Indian Indian
- Born – 5 August 1974 (age 46)
- Birthplace – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Education Alma Mater – St. Joseph Convent School, Panchgani, Maharashtra St. Joseph Convent School, Panchgani, Maharashtra
Role of kajol
Bollywood actress Kajol was born on 5 August 1974 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. She belongs to a film family. Kajol is the daughter of late producer-director Somu Mukherjee and former actress Tanuja. Let me tell you that Kajol has a sister who is not Tanisha Mukherjee. He is also active in the acting world. Do you know that Kajol is also the niece of the late actress Nutan. Not only this, Kajol’s maternal grandparents have also been a part of Indian cinema.
Actually, Kajol’s entire paternal family has been an integral part of Bollywood. Kajol’s father’s brothers Joy and Deb Mukherjee were Indian filmmakers, while his grandfather was a filmmaker. His cousins include Rani Mukherjee, Sharbani Mukherjee and Mohnish Behl, who are active in the film world. His cousin Ayan Mukherjee is a famous Bollywood director.
Talk about Kajol’s marriage, then he was married to Bollywood’s famous actor Ajay Devgan on 24 February 1999. At the time when Kajol was married, she was one of the leading actresses of Bollywood. Critics had rejected Kajol’s decision to marry, critics said that after marriage, Kajol’s career will be completely over, but it did not happen. Kajol continued to work in films. After marriage, his film Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gum became a blockbuster hit. Kajol has two children named Nyasa Devgan, Yuga Devgan.
Talk about Kajol’s film career, she started her film career at the age of just 16. Her first Bollywood debut film was Bekhadi. Although the film did not do anything special. But critics liked his performance very much. Due to this, he got a line of films. She was then seen in Kajol Abbas Mastan’s film Baazigar in 1993. She was accompanied by Shah Rukh Khan and Shilpa Shetty in the film. Kajol’s film proved to be a hit at the box office. And in the film, people also liked the Shah Rukh-Kajol duo very much.
Let me tell you that in the year 1995, two films of Kajol, Karan-Arjun and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, became back to back hits. Kajol was also awarded the Filmfare Best Actress Award for the film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.
Read This– : Biography of Ali Abbas Zafarafar
Kajol has featured in many of the best films in her Bollywood career. Let me tell you that Kajol appeared in a negative character in the film Gupt. And his character was also liked by the people. Not only this, he was also honored with the Filmfare’s Best in Negative Role Award for this film.
In the year 2001, after the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gum, Kajol took a long break from the film world. During this, she gave birth to a daughter. In the year 2006, Kajol again made a big comeback from the film Fanaa. In the film Fanaa, Kajol appeared in the role of a blind girl who fell in love with a Kashmiri terrorist. The film became a super hit and another film Fair Forward for Best Actress Kajol fell in the bag.
The list of Kajol’s films is as follows.
- 2020- Tanhaji- The Unsung Warrior
- 2018- Zero
- 2018- Helicopter Eela
- 2017- VIP-2 Gage
- 2016- Akira
- 2015- Dilwale
- 2012- Student of the Year
- 1996, Filmfare Best Actress Award – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- 1998, Filmfare Best Villain Award – Secret – The Hidden Truth
- 1999, Filmfare Best Actress Award – Kuch Kuch Hota Hai – Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gum
- 2007, Filmfare Best Actress Award – Fana
- 2011, Filmfare Best Actress Award – My Name is Khan
- 2016, Filmfare Best Actress Award – Dilwale
Some interesting things related to Kajol
- She`s belongs to a Bengali and Maharashtrian family.
- She can speak Marathi language very well, while she feels uncomfortable in speaking Bengali.
- She started acting from the age of 16, while she was still in school.
- Kajol first met her husband Ajay Devgan on the set of the film Gundaraj (1995) in Mahabaleshwar (Maharashtra). Initially, the two did not like each other, but after 15 days of shooting, both of them started loving each other.
- She has won the Best Actress Filmfare Award 5 times, which is a record she shares with her aunt and former actress Nutan.
- She is the cousin of Bollywood stars such as Rani Mukherjee, Sharbani Mukherjee, Raj Mukherjee and Mohanish Bahl.
- In the film Gupt (1997), he was awarded the Filmfare Award for a negative role. She became the first Indian actress to do so.
- In 2001, she became pregnant for the first time. However, she suffered an abortion.
- Being an actress, she is also a social worker, due to which she does philanthropic work for widows and children.
- He is very fond of reading books.
- His biggest hit film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) holds the record for 1000+ weeks of continuous stay in Maratha Mandir (a cinema house) in Mumbai.