Known for his strong acting in Bollywood, Irrfan Khan was born on 7 January 1967 in a Muslim family in Rajasthan. Irfan Khan’s parents Saeeda Begum Khan and Yasin Ali Khan were from Khajuria village in Tonk district and ran a tire business. His family belonged to the Nawab family of Tonk. His full and real name was Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan, which was later changed to Irrfan Khan.
Irfan Khan did his schooling in Jaipur and graduated from college. Irfan and his best friend Satish Sharma were good at cricket and later, they were selected to step into first-class cricket for players under 23 years of age for the CK Nayudu competition. Unfortunately, due to lack of funds, he could not reach to participate in the competition. He earned a scholarship to study at the National School of Drama (NSD) in New Delhi in 1984 and got training in acting from there.
- Full Name – Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan
- Nickname – Irfan Irfan
- Nationality – Indian Indian
- Born – 7 January 1967 (age 53 at the time of death)
- Death – 20 April 2020
- Birthplace – Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
- Education Alma Mater – National School of Drama (NSD) New Delhi
- Educational Qualification Educational Qualification – Diploma in Dramatic Arts
- Kam Occupation – Actor and Film Producer
Marriage of Irrfan Khan
On 23 February 1995, Irrfan Khan married film writer and fellow NSD graduate Sutapa Sikdar. They have two sons: Babil and Ayan.
Irfan Khan’s career
Irfan Khan came to Mumbai after acting, and here he started the work of repairing the AC. It is believed that the person whose house he first went to fix the AC was the house of superstar Rajesh Khanna. Well, after this, Irrfan Khan’s entry took place in acting and took the first step into the world of TV.
The first TV show was Srikanth and after that he worked in serials like Bharat Ek Khoj, Kahakshan Sara Jahan Hamara, Banegi Apni Baat, Chanakya, Angoori, Sparsh and Chandrakanta and made a distinct identity of his own. In Neerja Guleri’s Chandrakanta, Irrfan Khan played the role of Badrinath, a trusted character of Shivdutt. Apart from Badrinath, he also played the character of twin brother Somnath. This show changed the direction of Irrfan Khan’s career. He got the line of big film and TV offers.
Read This — : Salman Khan Biography
Meanwhile, Irfan did a teleplay on Doordarshan called Blue Horse on the Red Grass, in which he played Lenin. Apart from this, Irrfan also worked in the TV series Darr, in which he played the psycho killer. Actor KK Menon was also in this series. Irrfan was doing wonders in the world of theater and television when Meera Nair caught sight of him and in the year 1988, Irrfan was employed in his film Salaam Bombay. From here, Bollywood doors opened for Irrfan. After this, he did small and big roles in many films but he got real recognition from films like The Warrior, Slumdog Millionaire, Maqbool, Haasta, The Namesake, Life in a Metro, Hindi Medium, The Lunchbox, Rog, Paan Singh Tomar.
Let me tell you that Irfan has worked in more than 50 Hindi films in his 30-year film career. The actor has made Irfan a well-known name not only in television and Bollywood, but also in Hollywood. He has also appeared in the films A Mighty Heart, Slumdog Millionaire, Life of Pi and The Amazing Spider-Man. His fans believe that he performs the entire act with his own eyes and this has been his specialty, he is famous for doing films out of the box.
Actor Irfan Khan died at the age of 53 on 29 April 2020 at Kokilaben Hospital in Mumbai from colon infection while undergoing treatment for cancer. Explain that Irrfan’s recent release film is English Medium. He shot this film while undergoing treatment for cancer. Irfan Khan died just four days before his mother died in Jaipur, whose last visit he could not. In 2018, he was diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumor (endocrine tumor), after which he remained in the UK for treatment for a year. After one year of relief, he again admitted to Mumbai with a complaint of colon infection. Meanwhile, he shot his film English Medium (2020), which was his last film.
Interesting things related to Irrfan Khan
- Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan’s full name Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan and he never liked it being so long. Irfan Khan changed the English spelling of his name to Irrfan by putting an additional R (R) in the middle of the word Irfan because according to him he likes the sound of an extra R in his name. In 2016, he removed Khan from his name because he wanted his work to define him, not his lineage.
- First wanted to be a cricketer – Irrfan Khan never thought that he would become an actor. He used to dream of becoming cricket since childhood. But something else was written in Irrfan’s luck and today he has become an actor instead of a cricketer.
- Trouble due to Khan’s name – Due to Khan being named after Irfan Khan’s name, he was stopped at the US airport twice and after being questioned for a long time, he was let go.