Bollywood actress Hema-Malini aka R Chakraborty is a great actress in the Indian film industry. Currently Hema Malini is the Lok Sabha MP of the Bharatiya Janata Party from Mathura district of Uttar Pradesh. Along with being a famous actress, Hema Malini is also a great dancer. Let me tell you that Hema Malini is one of the few Bollywood actresses, in which a unique confluence of beauty and acting is seen. In a career spanning nearly four decades, he acted in many superhit films.
Role of Hema Malini
Hema Malini was born on 16 October 1948 in a Tamilian family in Ammanakudi, Tamil Nadu. His father’s name is VSR Chakraborty. Her mother’s name is Jaya Chakraborty, who was a filmmaker.
marriage of Hema Malini
If we talk about Hema-Malini’s marriage, then she is married to Bollywood’s macho man i.e. actor Dharmendra. With whom he has two daughters. Whose names are Isha Deol and Ahana Deol. And Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol are his two half sons. Both are film actors.
Hema Malini’s film career
Talk about the start of Hema-Malini’s film career, she had to face rejections many times in her early career, even once the Tamil director refused to take her in his film saying that she had a star There is no appeal. Hema Malini struggled immensely in Hindi cinema for many years. After many years, in 1968, he starred in the Raj Kapoor-directed film Sapna Ke Saudagar.
Actress Hema Malini’s first breakthrough came from the film (Johnny Mera Naam) released in 1970. He was accompanied by actor Devananda in the lead role. Producer-director Ramesh Sippy’s films contributed greatly to Hema Malini’s initial success.
He got his first big break from Ramesh’s film (Andaz) in 1971. It would be called merely coincidental that it was Ramesh Sippy’s first film as a director. In this film, Hema Malini played the role of Rajesh Khanna’s beloved, who becomes completely alone after her death. Hema Malini played this character with such a seriousness that the audience is not able to forget that role even today.
And once again in 1972, Hema Malini got a chance to work in Ramesh Sippy’s film (Sita and Geeta) which proved to be a milestone for his cine career. After the success of this film, she reached the bulls of fame. She was also awarded the Filmfare Award for Best Actress for her strong performance in the film.
Read This — : Irrfan Khan Biography
But for some reason she could not do this film. Later Hema Malini got a chance to work in this film. Hema Malini’s duo with Dharmendra got a lot on screen. The film duo first came into limelight with the film (Sarafat). In the year 1975 (Sholay), Dharmendra entertained the audience with Veeru and Hema Malini as Basanti.
This pair of Hema and Dharmendra was so much liked that Dharmendra’s reel life (Dream Girl) ie Hema Malini became her real life dream girl. The pair later worked together in films like Charas, Surround, Pratigya, Razia Sultan, Ali Baba and Chalis Chor, Rebellion, Terror, The Burning Train, and Dost.
In the same year, Hema Malini got an opportunity to work in her favorite director Ramesh Sippy’s film (Sholay). In this film, Hema Malini entertained the audience with her style. Hema Malini’s dialogues in the film climbed the audience’s tongue those days and even today, cine lovers discuss those dialogues.
In the 70s, Hema Malini was accused of playing only glamor roles but she kept her critics face off forever by playing serious characters in films like Khushboo 1975 Kinara 1977 and Meera 1979. Seeing this, producer Pramod Chakraborty took him to the production of the film Dream Girl.
Hemi Malini’s political career
Talk about Hema Malini’s political career, she started her political career in 2003 by becoming a Rajya Sabha MP on behalf of the Bharatiya Janata Party. He is currently a Lok Sabha MP from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
Interesting things related to Hema Malini
- She was born as the third child of a Tamil speaking family in Tiruchirappalli district of Madras Presidency.
- His mother, Jaya Lakshmi Chakraborty, was a filmmaker.
- She dropped out of class 12th for her acting career.
- In 1961 she started her career as a dancer in a Tamil film.
- In 1964 Tamil film director, C.V. Sridhar, rejected him for being too thin.
- In 1963 she first appeared as a dancer in the Tamil film – Idhu Sathiyam.
- Her first Bollywood film – Sapno Ka Saudagar in 1968 – was a flop at the box office.
- She became the highest-paid Bollywood actress from 1976 to 1980.
- He has appeared in 35 films with Dharmendra, and his first film Sharafat came in 1970.
- Veteran actor Sanjeev Kumar used to like Hema and used Jitendra to express his feelings. But Hema started liking Malini Jitendra.
- During the shooting of Sholay, Dharmendra fell in love with Hema and according to sources, he bribed the boys working on the shooting sets of Sholay to switch off the lights so that he could spend more time with Hema.
- He directed Shah Rukh Khan’s debut film Dil Aashna Hai. She is an animal lover and supports PETA India. He also wrote a letter to the Municipal Commissioner of Mumbai in 2009 that banning of mare vehicles. In 2011, he also wrote a letter to Jairam Ramesh (the then Union Minister and Environment Minister) to ban Jallikattu (bull fighting).
- Hema Malini is a pure vegetarian and she says, knowing that my food is helping the plants and animals makes me happy.
- Hema Malini advocates for the availability of pure water for all.
- In an interview, she told that she cannot live without dancing. And also trained her daughters in Bharatanatyam and has performed in many programs with her daughters many times.