Who is sunil shetty ?
Sunil Shetty was born on 11 August 1961 in Mumbai. Sunil Shetty is called by his close friend ‘Anna’. Sunil is married to ‘Mana Shetty’ and has two children ‘Ahaan’ and ‘Atiya Shetty’. Sunil Shetty is an Indian film actor, producer, television presenter and entrepreneur who works mainly in Hindi films and has worked in over 110 films. He made his place in Bollywood as an action hero. People affectionately call him Anna. Apart from Bollywood, he acted in the English film Don’t Stop Dreaming and the Tamil film 12B. His successful films include Balwan, Dilwale, Anta, Mohra, Gopi Kishan, Krishna, Rakshak, Border, Bhai, Heraferi, Dhadak etc. In 2014, he changed the spelling of his name based on numerology.
Born in Mangalore, Karnataka, Sunil made his Bollywood debut in the 1992 film Balwan. In this film, Sunil Shetty thrilled the audience with tremendous action scenes, but the film could not do wonders at the box office. The action star got her real identity from the film Mohra released in 1994. The film proved to be a blockbuster and his career took off from here.
You Also Read More Biography — : Arshad Warsi
How Sunil Shetty wanted to become a cricketer, how he became an actor, all of this was a miracle of his destiny. As Sunil Shetty, ‘I was not fond of acting at all. I was in tune to play for the country and become a crickter. A player’s body is flexible. I also learned Marshall Arts to make my body flexible. But Martial Arts came in handy in becoming an action hero. I got my first break as an action hero in films by Sajid Nadiadwala and Raju Mavani. ‘
Mohra’s success established Sunil Shetty as an action hero in bollywood. After this he got similar roles. In films like Rakshak, Takkar and Saput, he tried to capitalize on the image of his action hero.
Sunil Shetty’s ability is not limited to just showing off stunts and stunts. In the film herapheri, released 13 years ago, he laughed the audience with laughter. Priyadarshan’s film proved to be a milestone in Sunil Shetty’s career. After 6 years, its sequel came in the name of ‘Phir Hera Pheri’ and in this too the trinity of Sunil, Akshay Kumar and Paresh Rawal showed their brilliance. Meanwhile, his film Dhadak, which came with Akshay Kumar and Shilpa Shetty, had done wonders at the Box Office. Even though Sunil Shetty had a negative character in it, he still managed to win the Filmfare Award.
- Sunil Shetty calls his close friend ‘Anna’ but Sunil does not like if a girl calls him ‘Anna’.
- Sunil entered Bollywood in the year 1992 with the film ‘Balwan’, in which he was accompanied by the famous actress late Divya Bharti. The film did not do anything big at the box office, but after that Sunil started getting work.
- Sunil’s big hit was ‘Mohra’ in 1994, which also starred Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon along with Sunil.
- Later Sunil did the film ‘Gopi Kishan’ in a double role, though the film was average at the box office but Sunil’s character entertained the audience a lot. After which Sunil started getting love from the audience.
- Sunil had done films related to patriotism one after another such as ‘Border,’ Refugee, ‘Qayamat – City Under Threat,’ and ‘LOC-Kargil’. Sunil became very famous with these films.
- Sunil Shetty also received the Filmfare Award for Best Villain for the film ‘Main Hoon Na’ released in 2005.
- Sunil also hosted the TV show ‘Biggest Loser Jeetega’.