Who Is Annu Kapoor?
Annu Kapoor was born on 20 January 1956 in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Annu`s father Madanlal Kapoor was a Punjabi and his mother Kamala was Bengali. His father used to run a Parsi theater company, which used to perform city-to-city on street street. His mother was a poet and a classical dancer.
Annu Kapoor Studies
Due to the tightness of PCA, Annu could not study much. His mother was working as a teacher in a school at the expense of 40 rupees. Upon understanding of his father, he joined his father’s theater company. A few days later, he got admission in Delhi’s National School of Drama.
Annu Kapoor Career
Kapoor started his career in 1979 as a stage artist. Did his Hindi cinema career with the film Meltdown. He worked in several Hindi films, and TV serials in his 30-year acting career. He has also been awarded the Filmfare and National Award for playing the excellent role of Dr. Chadha in the Hindi film Vicky Donor.
You Also Read More Biography –: Dilip Kumar
He has acted as a presenter in several TV shows of Hindi films. He is currently hosting the show Suhana Safar with Annu Singh on 92.7. This is a daily show. Or are the show’s taglines – untold stories from the film world.
He started his film career with the film Mandi, this film was released in the year 1983, he got recognition from the film festival in Bollywood, for this film he was awarded the Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role. Come, let’s know some interesting things about them.
- His father Madanlal used to live in a Punjabi family and his mother Shabnam Kapoor used to live in a Bengali family.
- When his mother teacher and father started working in theater company, then Anu Kapoor completed graduation.
- He saw a lot of poverty in his life and also struggled a lot at a time when he used to sell tea.
- They said that I am proud that I was able to connect people with Indian culture through Antakshari and I feel very proud to call them Vande Mataram.
- They have four children, 3 sons and a daughter.